Monday, January 4, 2010

30 Day Shred- Day 1

Jillian kicked my booty!! I'm still breathing heavy, so that must mean I did something right... right??

Today was a good day for me not only because I started the Shred Challenge like I said I would, but I really did a good job of watching what I ate today:


Breakfast: 1c. whole grain Cheerios w/ 1/2c. light vanilla soy milk, coffee

Lunch: Apple w/ peanut butter and BIG plate of fresh veggies with hummus (to dip!)

Dinner: Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal, pears, strawberries, and a pickle

I even passed on the cookies that my husband made... They smelled REALLY good, so it was really hard to pass them up! But I looked at the package and they were 170 calories EACH!! After I saw that, I knew I had made the right choice by saying no!!

I also didn't have even one sip of soda today--- HUGE accomplishment for me!!

I have four goals for this week:

1)Complete Level 1 of The 30-day Shred workout each day (except Saturday--- more on that in a minute)

2)Work on drinking more water!!!!! I drink a TON in the summer, but in FREEZING cold Minnesota it's hard to crave water when it's -12 degrees outside! I always keep my water bottle with me during the summer, so I need to remind myself to do that now as well. I like hot tea as well, so I'll let that count for some of my water intake too!

3)Just say no.... to SODA! I need to kick that habit!

4)Make healthy choices this weekend.**



**I am going on a girls weekend away this weekend with some of my girlfriends. I am very excited to go and I've been looking forward to this for a long time!! (Any mommy knows that we occasionally can use some time away). My concern is that I most likely won't get to shred while I'm there. I'll bring the DVD, but I'm not sure it will actually happen. What I'm more concerned about is watching what I eat. I weekend of eating nothing but junkfood will wash away all of the work I did this week.

So- Day 1 is in the bag. Only 29 to go:)




1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl!!

    I didn't get very far into the video today, but I sure am sore!

    I also ate carefully today and feel really, really good about that. No snacks or dessert at dinner. I drank over 1.5 litres of water too!

    Good luck for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete